In February 2011 as part of begin diversity leader of the American Dietetic Association I had the privilege of going to the Public Policy Workshop in Washington DC. Prior to the conference I arrived to stay at the hotel and decided to do some sightseeing. I had lived in DC for 9 years before moving back to New York. While living in DC I loved to visit the public museums especially the National Smithsonian African Art Museum. I loved the intriguing art work there especially from the different regions and countries in Africa. I remember while in high school I took an African Studies course where I had to memorize every country, natural resources, language, dialect, ethnicity, kingdoms and tribes and the list goes on and on. This class made me appreciates who I am as an African-American and that I have a history.
HEPSA Living Healthy Archives
- Make new friends by attending a class or event at a community center in a different neighborhood from your own.... fb.me/95ozS1rIA 2 hours ago
- Make new friends by attending a class or event at a community center in a different neighborhood from your own. ow.ly/yqpL305GlYS 2 hours ago
- Underactive thyroid may be overdiagnosed, overtreated in the elderly... fb.me/40cDTnU6w 18 hours ago
- Underactive thyroid may be overdiagnosed, overtreated in the elderly ow.ly/PaMj305HAqA 18 hours ago
- Do something kind for a child today. You never know how far the resulting ripples will reach.... fb.me/92yKSOgsT 1 day ago
- 7,285 hits