Since coming back from Chicago I had a chance to finally start what I was signed up to do for the Diversity Leaders Program and that was to start volunteering for the ADA organization and use the leadership skills that I have learned. On Friday, May 20th, 2011 I have been invited to participate in the Strategic Goals meeting for the Georgia Dietetic Association (GDA). There the Georgia Board are going to discuss the GDA strategic plan for the next 3-5 years which will include about increasing diversity representation in the dietetic profession in Georgia and to recruit more diverse students into the Georgia Dietetic Universities and Colleges. The GDA Board would like to have a diverse group of Dietitians to address these important issues and what a better way in doing this is by selecting one of the Diversity Leaders who is a Georgia representative. In February 2011, the Georgia Dietetic Association selected yours truly as a feature of the Georgia Dietitian of the Month. I was so honored because this segment highlights the Dietitians in the State of Georgia that are making an impact to their community and the dietetic profession. So when I was invited to become a part of the Georgia Dietetic Association Diversity Panel Board I knew I need to be there at the GDA Strategic Planning. Stay tune for what happens next.
HEPSA Living Healthy Archives
- Brewed Cacao: Your New Afternoon Pick-Me-Up?... fb.me/VEppBlUU 1 day ago
- What space opens within and outside as you delve deeper into the questions and doubts you have?... fb.me/QZcSG0fT 1 day ago
- Excessive BMI increase during puberty identified as a new risk factor for mortality due to cardiovascular... fb.me/8WRSjO4SF 2 days ago
- Find a place in nature. It doesn''t have to be pristine. Just stop and let yourself take it in.... fb.me/29CJrsEdL 2 days ago
- Fecal Transplant Feasible for C. difficile Infection in Pregnancy ow.ly/Bhht308WoHy fb.me/7JTjJt6rW 3 days ago
- 7,504 hits