Since coming back from Chicago I had a chance to finally start what I was signed up to do for the Diversity Leaders Program and that was to start volunteering for the ADA organization and use the leadership skills that I have learned. On Friday, May 20th, 2011 I have been invited to participate in the Strategic Goals meeting for the Georgia Dietetic Association (GDA). There the Georgia Board are going to discuss the GDA strategic plan for the next 3-5 years which will include about increasing diversity representation in the dietetic profession in Georgia and to recruit more diverse students into the Georgia Dietetic Universities and Colleges. The GDA Board would like to have a diverse group of Dietitians to address these important issues and what a better way in doing this is by selecting one of the Diversity Leaders who is a Georgia representative. In February 2011, the Georgia Dietetic Association selected yours truly as a feature of the Georgia Dietitian of the Month. I was so honored because this segment highlights the Dietitians in the State of Georgia that are making an impact to their community and the dietetic profession. So when I was invited to become a part of the Georgia Dietetic Association Diversity Panel Board I knew I need to be there at the GDA Strategic Planning. Stay tune for what happens next.
HEPSA Living Healthy Archives
- Biomarkers could predict which diets are best for weight loss medicalnewstoday.com/articles/31833… fb.me/1FGoCXNB9 1 day ago
- Biomarkers could predict which diets are best for weight loss ow.ly/Bv0T30el5l9 1 day ago
- What would you like to see more of in your life? Plant the seeds now and see what blooms.... fb.me/zcVewJ7b 1 day ago
- What would you like to see more of in your life? Plant the seeds now and see what blooms. ow.ly/10vONZ 1 day ago
- How Exercise May Turn White Fat Into Brown... fb.me/8t8Ae3Qcj 2 days ago
- 7,393 hits