Balboa Park began as 1400 acres of land set aside in 1868 by San Diego civic leaders. Known then as “City Park”, that overlooked present day Downtown San Diego sat without formal landscaping or development for more than 20 years. Nowadays, the Park’s total land parcel has been reduced to 1,200 acres. Balboa Park has 26 arts, science and cultural institutions. It is a unique and interesting place. It provides enriching artistic and cultural experiences for the people of San Diego and beyond! I truly was on shock at how big this park was and very popular. The Cactus field was incredible to see since from where I was from the only cactus I ever saw was the cactus plant that I had on my desk. It was very enjoyable to see people walking around, mediating, doing yoga, walking their dogs and sleeping. It was a peaceful place to be away from the hustle and bustle of downtown San Diego. The next time you come to San Diego stop by Balboa Park.
HEPSA Living Healthy Archives
- To Stem Obesity, Start Before Birth ow.ly/dTVS304LiLi fb.me/6dfCK5Z6l 49 minutes ago
- To Stem Obesity, Start Before Birth ow.ly/dTVS304LiLi 49 minutes ago
- Be the Change & give some of your time & energy to a friend of yours who may need a little 'pick me up'.... fb.me/19zZfXPKs 8 hours ago
- Be the Change & give some of your time & energy to a friend of yours who may need a little 'pick me up'. ow.ly/v8Ba304jrbk 8 hours ago
- Obese preschoolers' healthcare costs nearly 60% more than healthy-weight children ow.ly/xGPc304LiD1 fb.me/2haFXnhQ0 1 day ago
- 7,226 hits