Balboa Park began as 1400 acres of land set aside in 1868 by San Diego civic leaders. Known then as “City Park”, that overlooked present day Downtown San Diego sat without formal landscaping or development for more than 20 years. Nowadays, the Park’s total land parcel has been reduced to 1,200 acres. Balboa Park has 26 arts, science and cultural institutions. It is a unique and interesting place. It provides enriching artistic and cultural experiences for the people of San Diego and beyond! I truly was on shock at how big this park was and very popular. The Cactus field was incredible to see since from where I was from the only cactus I ever saw was the cactus plant that I had on my desk. It was very enjoyable to see people walking around, mediating, doing yoga, walking their dogs and sleeping. It was a peaceful place to be away from the hustle and bustle of downtown San Diego. The next time you come to San Diego stop by Balboa Park.
HEPSA Living Healthy Archives
- Brewed Cacao: Your New Afternoon Pick-Me-Up?... fb.me/VEppBlUU 1 day ago
- What space opens within and outside as you delve deeper into the questions and doubts you have?... fb.me/QZcSG0fT 1 day ago
- Excessive BMI increase during puberty identified as a new risk factor for mortality due to cardiovascular... fb.me/8WRSjO4SF 2 days ago
- Find a place in nature. It doesn''t have to be pristine. Just stop and let yourself take it in.... fb.me/29CJrsEdL 2 days ago
- Fecal Transplant Feasible for C. difficile Infection in Pregnancy ow.ly/Bhht308WoHy fb.me/7JTjJt6rW 3 days ago
- 7,504 hits