Balboa Park began as 1400 acres of land set aside in 1868 by San Diego civic leaders. Known then as “City Park”, that overlooked present day Downtown San Diego sat without formal landscaping or development for more than 20 years. Nowadays, the Park’s total land parcel has been reduced to 1,200 acres. Balboa Park has 26 arts, science and cultural institutions. It is a unique and interesting place. It provides enriching artistic and cultural experiences for the people of San Diego and beyond! I truly was on shock at how big this park was and very popular. The Cactus field was incredible to see since from where I was from the only cactus I ever saw was the cactus plant that I had on my desk. It was very enjoyable to see people walking around, mediating, doing yoga, walking their dogs and sleeping. It was a peaceful place to be away from the hustle and bustle of downtown San Diego. The next time you come to San Diego stop by Balboa Park.
HEPSA Living Healthy Archives
- NIH-sponsored expert panel issues clinical guidelines to prevent peanut allergy nih.gov/news-events/ne… nih.gov/news-events/ne… 2 days ago
- Write your local representatives about improving the foster care system dailygood.org/story/1612/thi… dailygood.org/story/1612/thi… 2 days ago
- Why Saying 'Thank You' Can Help You Become a Healthier Eater nbcnews.com/better/diet-fi… nbcnews.com/better/diet-fi… 3 days ago
- What will you do today to give the world a reason to dance? dailygood.org/story/1611/spo… dailygood.org/story/1611/spo… 3 days ago
- Obese Women May Have More Intense Hot Flashes consumer.healthday.com/women-s-health… consumer.healthday.com/women-s-health… 4 days ago
- 7,856 hits