Say good-bye to 2012 tonight and ring in the New Year — healthfully. For the start of the new year the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has some healthy suggestions for this New Years Eve!
Since the New Year’s Eve parties can often last several hours, guests will be looking for a variety of foods throughout the night. If you are throwing a New Year’s Eve party, try some of these healthy and tasty ideas to make your party a hit.
Snacks and appetizers:
- Slice fresh vegetables and serve with low-fat dip.
- Low-fat popcorn, pretzels with mustard dip and baked tortilla chips and salsa make great snacks that can remain out for hours.
- Fat-free yogurt tastes great when mixed with salsa and spinach served with low-fat crackers.
- Mix salsa with black beans, baby white corn and cilantro with baked tortilla chips.
- Hummus on flatbread or vegetable sticks.
- Whole-grain breads, a variety of lean meats, veggies and low-fat spreads for sandwiches.
- Chili with lean ground beef or turkey and serve in a crock pot at least 140º, allowing it to stay warm for hours. Serve with low-fat or fat free cheese and sour cream and whole-grain crackers.
- Make apple slices and serve with warm, low-fat caramel dip.
- Fruit parfaits with fat-free yogurt.
- Fruit kabobs or angel food cake with powdered sugar and dark chocolate sauce.
If you would like to have your own New Year 2013 Lifestyle Coaching Consultation click to our website Living Healthy
Have a great and bless Happy New Year
from your health and wellness blog “Living Healthy Online” !