The best way you can change your eating habits is by making sure your cholesterol is at the lower or desirable level and to make sure that you are eating lower in fat foods. But how can you do this?
Eat Healthy Low-Fat Foods Choices:
- Whole grains, breads, pasta and cereals made with whole grains.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables, fruit and vegetable juice.
- Lean meat, skinless poultry and fish.
- Low-fat or fat-free milk products.
- Use a minimum amount of fats and oils, usually no more than 5-8 teaspoon per day.
- Limit your consumption of meat, seafood or poultry to no more than 6 ounces per day.
Limit your intake of organ meats and other foods high in cholesterol.
Use less salt. Limit your intake of salty foods.
Drink plenty of water – at least eight (8 oz) glasses a day.
Serve yourself and your family small portions, and learn to eat slowly.
Take the weight off slowly! Enjoy 30-60 minutes of physical activity at least 3-4 days per week.
Now you have the knowledge to start changing your eating habits so then next week we will close this discussion up on how you can start making a Heart Healthy Action Plan.