Are you continuing to skip breakfast? Feel that you do not have enough time? You probably already know that breakfast is the most important meal but once you see the benefits of having breakfast you will start eating one everyday . This month is celebrating the All American Breakfast and what healthy fast options you can make for your breakfast meal. Beginning your day without breakfast is like starting your car without gas. People who eat breakfast everyday have a better overall nutrient intake and lower intakes of fat. Eating breakfast will help you avoid overindulging later in the day. If you have diabetes, think about this: A healthy breakfast can help stabilize your blood glucose and keep it stable during the time between breakfast and a snack or lunch. Eating breakfast is a strategy common to successful weight loss maintainers.
Here below are some healthier options for your breakfast meals:
- High fiber breakfast cereals with low fat milk
- Low fat yogurt with fruit and possibly low fat granola or wheat germ
- Healthy Breakfast shake with fruits or vegetables or both
- Whole-grain bagel with low fat cream cheese
- Half of a grapefruit
- Egg beaters with veggies
- Top a toaster waffle with low-fat yogurt and peach slices.
- Stuff a whole-wheat pita with a sliced, hard-cooked egg and low-fat shredded cheese.
- Spread a flour tortilla with peanut butter. Add a whole banana and roll it up.
- Add lean low sodium ham or lean turkey and low-fat Swiss cheese to a toasted whole-grain English muffin.
- Make instant oatmeal with low-fat milk instead of water. Toss in raisins or dried cranberries and chopped walnuts
- Leftover veggie pizza
So plan for tomorrow to eat a healthy delicious breakfast and you will thank me later for this!